Equipment Specs for Green Energy Control Challenge
Green Leaf Inn announces the First Net Zero Energy Green Building Challenge for Energy Management Controls the equipment being used includes:
- 4.5 kw natural gas cogen system. Product being specified is Eco-Power- specifications can be found online at Marathon Engine as well as specifics on the controls and thermal and electrical outputs.
- Parabolic concentrating solar thermal system- two panels mfg by Sun Trac Solar- specifications can be found at SunTracSolar
- Evacuated Tube solar thermal system- manufacturer has not been chosen but you can find specs on line for two panels of a standard system.
- Flat plate solar thermal system- manufacturer has not been chosen yet but you can use standard panel output on line assuming two panels being used.
- A 1,250 gallon thermal storage tank manufactured by Thermal Storage Solutions in Vermont. This tank is insulated to R 80 and will be stored underground. Specifications and integration can be found online at www.tss-ecx.com
- 18 tons of geothermal will be used for the challenge. This manufacturer has not been chosen yet. Please assume standard outputs for the major manufacturers.
- The Inn is comprised of two main buildings. One is a renovation of the Cottage building into three suites and the entire downstairs is open for guests along with a commercial kitchen and laundry. Insulation ranges from R20 to R 30 in the walls and R38 to R50 in the ceilings. All windows are dual glazed low-e glass. Two person hot tubs are in each room- assume 100 gallon capacity.
The second building is new construction and includes 16 suites (550 square feet) with two person hot tubs. Walls will be R30 and ceilings will be R50. This building will also include a welcome center with conference meeting room totaling approximately 2,000 sq ft.